CAT WALKING TIPS
The majority of inquiries we receive from prospective customers explain how they have failed to walk their Cat(s) in previous attempts using other harness gear.
The most important tip is allowing your future walking partner to get comfortable with the new harness gear:Place your CatWalk Harness on your feline for 24-48 hours before you introduce them to the outdoors. They should quickly develop normal range of movement indoors. Our Harnesses are designed for maximum comfort and transparency to your Cat/Kitten's normal behavior. Once you hit the road:
- Keep Your Cat Ahead of You ~ If the cat gets behind you it can pull out of the harness (by design).
- Stay Close Enough to Maintain a Safe Watch from Predators ~ Texting and walking is not safe.
- Maintain Slight Tension on the Leash to Feel The Cat
- Don’t Drag The Leash ~ It could get wedged under a tire or rock.
- Be Patient while on The Hunt or Stalking Other Critters.
- If The Cat Imposes Its Will to Go Where You Don’t Want Them to Go ~ Squat down to show them you are serious and hold your ground.
- At a Stand off ~ Take a jacket or blanket that you could throw over them in an emergency situation.